Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pastoral Expectations

In the last week or so I had the privilege to take part in an ordination process of a fellow pastor in our area.  During His ordination service I was asked to give the charge to the church.  In doing so I charged the church with a few things from Scripture that I thought may be equally useful for those of us who serve as pastors or in leadership.  The following is the passage of Scripture and a 6 point challenge (in a bullet format).

Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with grief, for this would be unprofitable for you.
18
 Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a good conscience, desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things. 19 And I urge you all the more to do this, so that I may be restored to you the sooner.
Heb 13:17-19 (NASB95)
  1. Obey/follow your pastor's leadership.
  2. Submit to his authority.
  3. Treat him as a shepherd not an employee -He gives an account to God
  4. Help him serve with joy.
  5. Pray for him.
  6. Seek to develop a relationship/friendship with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment